Below you will find video of Super 8mm footage that could be of use to the performance. It's just what I have on hand. We can of course shoot more, new stuff.
Are any of the images evoking the emotions or stories we want to showcase?
Part I has a graduation, a train ride, a beach, traffic in Edinburgh, and a boat ride through Loch Ness.
Part II features a plane ride, a graveyard, and a sunset. It is mostly hand processed celluloid that kinda screwed up somewhere in the developer. It's difficult to make out what is going on, but could be used for more abstract purposes. I have lots of stuff like this.
Enjoy!
3 comments:
Wow! Thanks for posting these, Berny! I am really liking the Super8 look.
I am not sure whether the graduation or other footage will be useful; I am envisioning the experimental/processing gone wrong footage being more in line with some of the projection work we'll need, but if there are specific images required they will most likely be certain things, like bicycle riding/bike spokes, etc.. Although there are quite a few cool timelapse images, like the traffic, that might be useful in some scenes.
How easy is it to loop Super8? I am thinking that some projections may need to be longer than 3 minutes.
Awesome!!!
Thanks for viewing.
Not sure how easy it is to loop Super8. If you want to loop just 10 seconds worth, I could see that being pretty easy. If you are looking for longer than 3 minutes, the reels can be up to 10 minutes I believe.
Cheers!
Cool, Berny, thanks again. Lots to think about! I have written "Film Projection" into the script in several places but in many cases I haven't thought too much about what the image actually is. I think a lot of times I am envisioning fairly abstract experimental stuff with distorted imagery, such as using wine glasses and prisms in front of the lens, and I really like the blending of images from two projectors as well -- it really feeds the concept of 'splitting' or two worlds coming together. You rock! This is great, very exciting, man!!
Post a Comment