Hey everyone! KaleidoCycle is HAPPENING.
We've signed the contract and submitted the poster graphic, and are currently finalizing the creative team. Just waiting to hear back from a couple of people to see whether and how they would like to be involved, then we'll be off and running.
I'll be in touch soon with a few options for a first meeting time and date, where I just want to reconvene, check in with everyone, touch on a few administrative and budget issues (we are currently working on lining up some help with grant writing, and thank you to all of you who have volunteered to contribute in that area as well -- I really believe that every person involved with this project should be compensated for their time and energy, not to mention all of the creative and life learning that each of us has been through that we will be bringing to the project).
The other and much more exciting purpose of the first meeting will be to discuss the creative visions for the show, and to give each artist their first bit of stimulus writing to kick off their first creative response. I'd like to do this soon in the hopes that we can meet up one more time to show what we've come up with before I leave town for a few weeks on September 14th.
So no need to respond yet...
Just watch this space!
And here's a new cool video for you to check out as well. It's a video of a cool shadow-performance blended with projected animations. Just another way to use a variety of media to create lovely stage illusions with tricks that are enchanting for the spectator, as the tricks themselves are transparent, yet the result is magical:
until next time...
adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment